Friday, December 11, 2009


We got a Gingerbread house kit a while back and finally got around to giving it a shot today. Ummm...
I had really wanted it to turn out spectacular, particularly given the awesome job the Zitny kids did on their recent, gorgeous gingerbread house. But, ummmm....
Yeah, not so much. The icing would NOT set and it totally collapsed once we started putting decorations on it. So, we're going to have to get back to basics and make one from scratch sometime this weekend. Hopefully it will be MUCH more successful than this one (which is still now on my dining room table--well, part of it anyway...)
Kelan was just happy he finally got to eat the gumdrops, and notice Kai sucking the icing out of the piping. Tis the season. Hope to post some success photos soon!

2 comments:

Steve and Ruth said...

Very funny!!! Very cute!!! Yes, I was impressed with the Zitny clan GB house too!! Last year I tried to make one with the kids and I had the same frustation. I guess they got the craft genes.

Zitny Clan said...

I was actually very surprised at Gabe, he was really good at placing the candy on the roof, and all I did was put the icing where it belonged. (I did the windows though) The stars were aligned, I guess. The most important thing is you had fun, right? Love you guys!!